De Minimis Waiver for Commercial Organic Waste Service
Commercial businesses in the unincorporated county that generate little to no organic waste can apply for a de minimis waiver from mandatory green container collection if they meet the requirements below:
Businesses with less than 2 cubic yards of weekly waste collection are eligible if they generate ten gallons or less of green-container waste (including yard waste and food scraps) per week.
Businesses with 2 cubic yards or more of weekly waste collection are eligible if they generate twenty gallons or less of green-container waste (including yard waste and food scraps) per week.
Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
Provide written verification of continued eligibility every three years from waiver approval.
Immediately notify the County if your business no longer meets the waiver requirements, in which case the waiver will be rescinded.
1. Complete all required sections of the relevant application form.
2. Submit the application in one of the following ways:
- Submit online by clicking on the “Submit” button at the end of the form.
- To request a paper copy of any application form, email [email protected] or call (408) 282-3180.
- Mail applications to: Integrated Waste Management Services 1553 Berger Drive, Bldg. 1, 2nd Floor, San José, CA 95112
3. County staff will review application and respond within 30 days of receipt.