Self-Haul Waiver for Commercial Recyclables
Commercial businesses that self-haul their recyclable waste may apply for a waiver from blue-container collection. Qualifying businesses must separate recyclable and non-recyclable waste and maintain records of proper disposal.
- Separate all recyclable waste and self-haul it to a facility that processes recyclable waste in compliance with state law.
- Provide documentation of the business’s waste disposal practices.
Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
- Provide written verification of continued eligibility every three years from approval of waiver.
- Immediately notify the Director if your business no longer meets the waiver requirements, in which case the waiver will be rescinded.
- Maintain records of organic recyclable waste disposal—e.g., paper and cardboard—as required under County Ordinance Code Section B11-201(c) and state law.
1. Complete all required sections of this application form.
2. Submit the application in one of the following ways:
- Submit online by clicking the “Submit” button at the end of the form.
- To request a paper copy of this application form, email [email protected] or call (408) 282-3180.
- Mail Applications to: Integrated Waste Management Services 1553 Berger Drive, Bldg. 1, 2nd Floor, San José, CA 95112 for consideration by County staff.
3. County staff will review application and respond within 30 days of receipt.