Guadalupe Mines Landfill
15999 Guadalupe Mines Rd., San Jose
Kirby Canyon Landfill
910 Coyote Creek Golf Dr., San Jose
Mission Trail Garbage Company
1060 Richard Ave., Santa Clara
Newby Island Landfill
1601 Dixon Landing Rd., Milpitas
San Martin Transfer Station
14070 Llaga Ave., San Martin
Sunnyvale SMaRT Station
301 Carl Rd., Sunnyvale
Zanker Road Landfill
705 Los Esteros Rd., San Jose
Minimize Disposal Costs:
- Minimize your disposal costs by recycling or donating everything that you can. Many wastes are recyclable - such as most appliances and other metal items, clothing, furniture, etc. Even carpet pads are recyclable at some facilities! Be sure to sort out items that can be donated for use by others.
- Disposal fees are based on the amount (weight) of waste, with separate charges for certain items, such as water heaters, refrigerators, mattresses, and tires.
- Landfills DO NOT accept hazardous waste. To properly dispose of your household hazardous waste call (408) 299-7300 or visit HHW.org to schedule a free drop off appointment.
Securely bag and/or tie down light items to prevent windblown litter.
Load your vehicle and cover the load securely to prevent spillage or litter from your vehicle.
Whenever you haul, be sure to COVER YOUR LOAD! Your cooperation in covering your load will help to reduce litter on Santa Clara County streets and highways. Failure to cover your load can lead to a $1,000 fine for littering (see requirements in CA Vehicle Code Section 23114).
- RWRC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Implementation Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- TAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- TAC Subcommittee Agendas and Minutes
- Schedule a FREE HHW Drop-off Appointment
- Home Composting Workshop Schedule
- Garbage and Recycling Info for Santa Clara County Cities
- 2021 Legislative Priorities
- County Integrated Waste Management Plan (CoIWMP)
- Public Records Request